We can teach you how to care for your teeth and gums to maintain your natural teeth.
What is a periodontist?
A specialist dentist who completed general dental training as well as a further 3 years Hospital based University level specialist training in diagnosing and treating gum/periodontal conditions and implant treatments. They are also required to carry out research and write a thesis.
What is periodontal disease?
Gum disease affects most people at some stage in their life, it is caused by a build-up of plaque in and around teeth. ‘Perio’ means around, and ‘dontal’ means tooth. Periodontal diseases are conditions/infections that affect any of the supporting structures around teeth; such as the gums, bone and periodontal ligaments. The earliest stage is called ‘gingivitis’ where the infection affects the gums (most people notice bleeding gums when brushing). Later and more advanced cases known as ‘Periodontitis’ may involve all the supporting tooth structures. In some severe cases teeth may eventually become mobile, needing extraction if not treated.
Periodontal treatments offered
- Deep scaling / Root Planning
- Surgical Periodontal treatment
- Periodontal Regeneration (repair of bone and tooth ligament)
- Corrective periodontal surgery to alter the shape or contour of the gums
- Gum grafts
- Crown lengthening surgery
- Adjunct orthodontic treatment
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Adult pre-orthodontic gum check
- Assessment and management of recession defects
- Conservative options
- Gum grafts
Sydney Implant & Periodontal Care
Level 12, 99 York St.
Sydney, NSW 2000
t: (02) 9279 4867
f: (02) 9279 4866
Sydney Implant and Periodontal
M - F : 8am–5pm
Sat : Closed
Sun : Closed